Hello again, everyone! It’s me, Adam Milecki, Game Producer for Degica Games!
In case you haven’t heard, CAVE Co., Ltd’s legendary bullet-hell shoot-’em-up series is finally coming to Steam with DoDonPachi Resurrection! Last time I talked about the story of DDPR and the various characters therein. Now it’s time to talk modes.
Do you like modes? Depeche Mode? Pie a la mode? How about gameplay modes? You’ll be able to explore the complete DDPR experience with 8 different modes. Here’s the rundown (and this is just the basics!)…
- Normal 1.5: This is the original arcade game, but refined and expanded for maximum enjoyment and challenge. Additions include a new ship, two more score digits (for those of you who just score too darn high), and more.
- Normal 1.51: Try a different scoring system and control schemes in this Cave Matsuri special version. This rare version of the game originally appeared in 2010 at CAVE’s yearly festival known as Cave Matsuri. Ooo, how exclusive!
- Arrange A (ver L): A newly arranged mode with unique mechanics and a powerful ship borrowed from DDP Blissful Death. In addition, you’ll get more even more of the DoDonPachi story from this mode. No promises on if they’ll explain what’s up with all the bees, though.
- Arrange B (ver B): Play single stages in this very different and highly customisable mode. The game will learn how you play and challenge you appropriately. Just don’t call it “Skynet”.
- Novice: A crash course in bullet hell for newcomers! This is the Normal 1.5 mode, but less difficult. We won’t look down on you. Everybody starts somewhere!
- Black Label: A new, powerful method of attack and a new final boss await! The new attack comes with a price: Red Mode. Red Mode makes the game more difficult, but can be very beneficial for your score. Beware the Red menace.
- Black Label Arrange: Control the Tigerschwert ship from KETSUI in the first official international release for this mode that combines KETSUI and Black Label! Two great tastes that taste great together.
- Black Label Novice: Experience Black Label with less difficulty! Ain’t no shame in practice. From what I hear, it “makes perfect”… We’ll see about that.
If that heapin’ helpin’ doesn’t satiate your addiction to modes, then perhaps you can’t be helped. Keep listening for the sound of buzzing bees, because DoDonPachi Resurrection will be here soon!
♪“All I ever wanted… All I ever needed… is modes… and more modes… Other games are… unnecessary… They don’t have many modes…”♪